You are here
Major Gifts Officer
Location: Major East Coast City*
The Jewish Women’s Renaissance Project (JWRP), a non-profit organization based in Rockville, Maryland, was established in 2008 to empower and inspire women to transform themselves, their families, their communities, and the world. The JWRP’s flagship program is Momentum, an eight-day, highly subsidized, action-packed journey through Israel—an opportunity for women who share a common vision of self-growth and personal development to deeply explore themselves. Thousands of women from 19 different countries have already experienced this life- changing trip, returning home with the best gift of all—a deep, eternal connection to Israel, a profound kinship with each other, and a heart filled with Jewish values.
At the request of many participants, their husbands, and partnering organizations, the JWRP created Momentum opportunities for men, helping to lift the family together; and hundreds of men have already experienced the spirit-building power of Momentum.
The JWRP works in partnership with a wide spectrum of community organizations, and has established itself among major Jewish organizations and leaders, built a stable base of funding, and continues to grow. Thanks to a partnership with the Israeli government, the JWRP will expand its reach to even more organizations in more countries.
An extremely dedicated, hands-on, entrepreneurial group of professionals and lay leaders have built the organization from scratch to where it is today.
Reporting to the Director of External Relations, cultivates new donor relationships and effectively stewards and grows existing relationships with a focus on a targeted geographic region. Proactively collaborates and communicates with the Board Development Committee, key lay leaders and staff to assure a unified and integrated approach for cultivation and/or solicitation and serves as the account manager for several key solicitors. Plans & implements alumni and community fundraising events including follow-up with prospects; and cultivates new foundation relationships. Maximizes use of database management and reporting and donor research tools to reach strategic objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of donors $5K and above including cultivating, solicitation and stewardship. Convert one-time gifts to annual giving. Develop and execute individualized development plans for significant donors and prospects – including the effective use of lay leaders and staff.
- Provide support for city receptions (unity events) by focusing on stewardship and follow-up with donors and prospects after the events. Work with the event planning team to partner with event lay leaders on targeting and maximizing recruitment strategies to ensure optimal event attendance, Follow-up with attendees to maximize giving. Attend specific city cultivation events predominantly in the US.
- Serve as the account manager for other key solicitors such as Board Members. Working closely with other members of the External Relations team, support board member fundraising activity with donor research, materials prep and relevant follow-up.
- Identify and cultivate foundation prospects and work with the Donor Operations Manager to submit relevant requests and reports.
- Supports the Director of External Affairs in creating the annual development strategy and plan for the organization.
- Supports targeted special campaigns ensuring thorough work plans, timely implementation and strong follow-up.
- Attend targeted industry conferences that support annual stewardship and cultivation goals.
- Launch and support giving societies and the management of benefits for each society.
- Conduct donor research using tools such as Wealth Engine.
- Effectively utilize the donor database (SalesForce) with timely and detailed entries and relevant reporting.
- Steward funding from Jewish Women’s Foundations and Federations in the assigned geographic region as value-add support to JWRP partners
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Education: BA in a relevant field required.
- Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience in raising funds in a nonprofit environment; successful track record conducting personal solicitations is required; prior experience in a using SalesForce or other donor databases preferred
- Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success raising funds in a nonprofit environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability multi-task
- Talent for interacting with diplomacy and tact amid influential constituents and diverse groups
- Results-oriented with desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adapt and respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and to work independently
- Self-starter who has the entrepreneurial thinking to generate new approaches in addition to implementing prescribed plans.
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high work quality
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite projects (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional hours based on operational needs of working in a global environment with staff in multiple time zones.
- Familiarity with the Jewish community strongly preferred.
Please click here to submit your resume, cover letter, and salary history.
*Note: While the main office is in Rockville, MD, this position may be home-based in a major Northeast metropolitan area – as long as there is frequent travel to Rockville and other east coast communities as needed.